Sunday, October 27, 2013

Working hard and smiling lots

Hello hello everyone! I hope you had a fantabulous week full of smiles! I know I did!

 So this week was kind of weird. One of my companions got SUPER sick so we didn't get to work in our area very much at all :( We stayed in our apartment one day. Two days were spent up in Stafford and one day in our area with another Hermana, whose companion was also feeling terrible. So it worked out great in the end! But it was so sad everytime we went out, the two sick sisters were just laying on the couches, coughing up a lung and basically dying. Ah it was so hard to leave them! But they are both feeling SO much better now!!!! YAY!!!! Back to times in the sunshine :D We're all excited to dive in the work here (again haha) and will have lots of great stories next week!
Meanwhile, I've gotten to know my companions really well. They're basically the funniest, smartest, greatest, most driven companions ever. Ah I love them!!!!
And funny story for the week: So one of my companions reallly wanted to go to this place called Steak N Shake. We'd heard it was really good food, with McDonalds pricing.  So we found one and went there for dinner! There was a ton of people waiting inside though, so we went through the drivethrough and decided to go eat at a park. But as we were pulling away, it started raining so then we changed our minds and parked to go inside. Well then we were all bad missionaries and forgot to bring our purses in, because we all just figured someone else would bring theirs in and they would have any necessary passalong cards in case we talked to someone there. So we go in, and walk past all the people waiting, find a table and pull it apart to make it smaller so other people can come sit down, and then start eating our food. Then Hermana Moon realized that she needed more sauce, so she went to find some and couldn't find it anywhere, so she asked a worker passing by if they had any and the worker told her she would bring it right out. How nice of her! So we continue eating, and Hermana Rosen makes a joke about all the people just chilling up at the entrance.  Why don't they sit down if they already ordered? Or if they haven't ordered why aren't they in a line? They were just being weird.  But then as I looked around, I realized I couldn't see a place TO order....so I looked around some more. To my right, a worker is talking to people at a little booth. Behind me, a worker is bringing a tray of drinks to a table. To my right, another worker is handing some people menus. GAH! IT WAS A RESTARAUNT!!!! It totally looked like a fast food place, and the food was just like a fast food place, but it was a full on restaraunt. When the lady came and brought Hermana Moon her sauces, we asked her about it and she confirmed that all those people up front were waiting for a table. :O We were so embarrassed!!! But she was nice, and told us that was her area and we could stay. But none of us had our purses, so none of us had money to leave a tip!  Hahaha it was just so ridiculous.  We ate our food super fast and skedaddled out of there! On the way out, Hermana Rosen tried to sneak out a side door so we wouldn't have to walk past all the people waiting again, but turns out that was an emergency door. Luckily it was locked, so it didn't go off, but that just would have been the icing on top! Whoo! It was hilarious.
Then I went to my first all-Spanish ward correlation. Oh my lanta I am so not ready to go to Argentina! Everyone was talking so fast, and all at once, and it was just pure craziness. I didn't understand a single full sentence in there. Hahaha at one point one of the brothers started flapping like a bird at Hermana Wilkins and I just was laughing my head off!!! I have no idea what in the world was going on.  But it was definitley an unforgettable experience! So I still have lots to learn and I'm excited to learn it! Whoohoo!
As far as spiritualness goes, I re-read Elder Bednar's talk "That We Might Not Shrink." Get talk here It was just so amazing and I got so much out of it! It's all about how Not shrinking is better than simply surviving. And that is definitely the goal of my mission now. Probably my whole life actually. It is so important to work on improving everyday so that we do not shrink. But the Lord is always by our sides, helping us accomplish everything that we need to. No matter what we're going through, he's there with us. I hope you always remember His love for you. Have a great week! And good luck with whatever you're working on improving this week!
Hermana Albright


Here is a map of Heidi's mission so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment