Sunday, October 13, 2013

Conference is my favorite


Hola mis amigos!!!! 
How's everyone doing this week? Did you all have an amazing time at conference? What talks stood out to you? My favorite was...conference. Conference was my favorite. haha They're all so good how do you just pick one? I loved President Monson's talk from Sunday morning though, I've definitely picked out some awesome quotes to live by from that. Shall I falter or shall I finish? I hope we all have the strength to stand strong and not bend under the pressures of the world. STAND. That's my favorite word of the week. (If you write Sister Albright a letter, how many times can you use the word 'stand'?)

Did you all hear the call for member missionaries? Those are what we like to call M to the third power!!!! (and the math geek in Heidi comes out!!)  Member missionary moments are the best!!!! Because they are the most powerful.  Wondering how you can be a better member missionary? Talk to the missionaries! They can help! heehee, referance from last conference. Seriously though, there are so many simple ways. Bear your testimony or post an inspirational video on facebook. Get a list of the less active members, and bring them a little treat to help them feel more loved. Talk to your friends about the gospel! Invite them to a family home evening, or to an activity. Or better yet, invite them to church! Tell them about the blessings you've recieved and invite them to come and feel of the Savior's love too. I know that you will be blessed as you follow the prophet's counsel to reach out to others and help bring them the blessings of the gospel.

So we set up an English projection of conference in the chapel YAY! I got to hear it in English!  and then put up another projector in Spanish in the relief society room. There were definitely some occasional problems with the technology, (technology never works when you want it to) but it all worked out well. And two of our investigators came!!!! So exciting! 
And in other news,  I am leaving Hopewell!!!! Whoo!!! Whoever the new missionaries coming here are so lucky! I have no idea where I'm going or what's going on yet, only that we're leaving and Hopewell will continue to have amazing missionaries. So I'm off on another adventure in another area! More news to come next week. Stay tuned!

Also, in between the saturday night and priesthood sessions, we had a baptism! A family of four that the hermanas in the northern area of our ward had been teaching. And I was asked to be the pianista, with a day's notice! GAH! It was very stressful, but very rewarding. Shout out to Andrea for being the best piano teacher ever and making sure I knew all the things I need to know! The hermanas were doing a musical number and wanted me to change it to a lower key, so I ended up just rewriting the music  (she's a stud) to How Great Thou Art the night before the baptism.  We practiced it once together before. Not going to lie, I definitely made some mistakes and throughout the performance I was just feeling terribly about it all. But at the end I looked up, and the whole family was crying. I felt so blessed to have been even in a small way, a part that helped them feel the Spirit on their special day. I'm so excited for them and the wonderful journey that they are embarking on!
I hope you all have an amazing week as you start living the messages we learned from our beloved leaders. Good luck with everything!
A Dios,
Hermana Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment