Sunday, November 3, 2013

First experience playing an organ

Happy Halloween! There's a little trick or treating party going on here in the library today for all the little kids! Oh my goodness they are all so cute and adorable! I love it! and I miss my little munchkins so much! 
It's weird being a missionary during Halloween. We have to be inside for Halloween... studying. (dun dun dun)  So that's fun. But it's all good! Obedience to all the weird rules is vale la pena when we see just one person come closer to Christ.
First full week out in this area! Yay for nobody being sick! That's the best! The weeks are flying by faster and faster, I can not believe that October ends this week! Whaaaat? (Minion voice) It's so weird! And basically everything is running together so it's harder to remember what stories I have from this week. Sorry if this email is a little lame.
 So ummm ya funny stories.... I was asked to play the organ on Sunday! GAH! 

I smiled and said I'd try. But then they gave me a card with instructions of how to turn the organ to self playing mode! (saved by the card)  WOAH! Who knew? So cool! So I sat up there and pressed all the buttons to make the organ play by itself and then afterward many people came and told me what a great organista I am...if only! I'm gonna need lots more practice. Haha but during one  song, the organ changed its sound between the intro of the song and the actual song itself so it was like super louder and more intense and I literally jumped and almost fell off the bench! Haha so that was fun.
We spent a lot of time this week visiting with people that have stopped coming to church. The interesting thing was to hear their testimonies. They all bore such powerful testimonies about the gospel and their conversion and we all felt the Spirit so strongly. It was so sad though to know that they KNOW of the truth, and are just choosing not to act on it. It definitely was a great reminder to me that our conversion to Christ is a continual process, one that we must always actively work on. I know that this gospel is true, and I know that as we act on its truth we will be blessed and strengthened in our daily lives. I do not know what I would do if I did not have the help of Christ. I need Him so much in every moment of my life.
How will you strengthen your conversion this week?
I hope you all have a Happy Halloween! Eat lots of candy for me!
A Dios,

Hermana Albright



No comments:

Post a Comment