Monday, September 23, 2013

Hopeful in Hopewell


Hola!!!!
Answers to questions: My district is HUGE. We have eight missionaries and cover our ward boundaries, which is also HUGE. Seriously. It's so fun! We can't knock doors once the sun goes down , (they might turn into pumpkins) so we can only visit people that we know from about 7 30 on. The sisters do meet sometimes, we just had a sisters meeting this week that was amazing! OH! I almost forgot! President said that we're going to have 50% sisters in this mission! How exciting is that? We meet as a zone for thirty minutes before district meeting every week, and then have a full zone conference every month. And you can look up maps of missions on lds.org if you ever want to check it out. The Spanish is coming along slowly but surely! It's kinda funny, my companion and I get the gist of everything, but we often miss out on important little details. Like if they said yo creo (I believe) or no creo (I don't believe) (just minor details really...) and other things like that. We've gotten some great stories out of it! But we just keep swimming pressing on! :D

We had an AMAZING week! Holy hannah I wish I had the time and ability to express everything that I have felt. We found 12 new investigators, 3 of which came to church yesterday! And lots more potentials that we're going to try to meet with this week too! It has seriously been amazing getting to know the people here

We had an awesome experience working a booth at a flea market this weekend! We weren't allowed to give away free lemonade, but it turns out we didn't need to! So many people wanted to come and learn of Christ.  We ran out of supplies pretty quickly, so we're super excited to go again with more things next week!! It was super interesting, we met all the ranges of people there! From the very lows of people condemning us to the very highs of people blessing us and receiving our message joyfully, and everything in between! 

Last week I talked about being an example. The youth here are incredible examples to me and to their families and friends. I have loved getting to know them. Many of them have parents that struggle in the faith, and they are the ones that help keep their family together. They know without a doubt of the truth of this gospel, and are willing to sacrifice anything and everything for it. And they find ways to share truths of happiness to everyone around them everyday! I am so blessed to be able to learn from them and serve with them in this area.    How have you been an example to those around you this week and felt the love of Christ as you stood for what's right? (We would love to have you leave comments to answer this question and send to Heidi in a letter!!)
The Lord has prepared the people hear to receive this message. It's so interesting that we are working in a place called Hopewell, because we have met so many that have lost almost all hope.  I am so excited and privileged to be able to help them come to the well of living waters, the well of hope--Jesus Christ.  I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort that sweet sentence gives!  He is ready and waiting to take away all our sorrows and pains, if we but come to Him. I hope you all know that you really can be forgiven, and that you can be strengthened by Him. I know that He is the Savior of the world, but more than that, He is your Savior. He personally suffered for you. I hope you know that you are loved.
I hope you all have a great week! A Dios!

Hermana Albright


No comments:

Post a Comment