Sunday, September 8, 2013

A surprise!!


Hola everyone!
So transfers have come and gone, with lots of changes all around! I'm opening a new area, with a new companion.



 President split up all the trios! So I probably won't be getting my visa super soon. The church office just sent an email this week saying that they're still working on it. But a sister that had been here for seven months just got hers and is now in Argentina! Whoohoo!  Anyway, my new area is in Hopewell :D It's just a well of hope right now! We go to a Spanish ward (SO FUN!) about thirty or twenty minutes away (not so fun). We cover a ton of area so we've got a lot of work to do! My companion is amazing!!!! She's hilarious and super chill but at the same time way dedicated to the work. (sounds like Heidi, except the super chill part haha) So it's the best! Our apartment was completely empty, so right now we're borrowing air mattresses and trying to find things like a microwave and vacuum and such household pluses.

 In other news...I dyed my hair! What do you think? 
(If you were wondering what my mom thought... she about had a heart attack.  I don't think she was able to sleep the next 3 nights....)

It's definitely weird opening a new area here, where nobody knows where Hispanics live. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack! But as we were trying to get referrals one day, and everyone we were talking to was super pessimistic about this area, my companion turned to me and said We are just like Nephi when he was told to build a boat! He had no idea what he was doing, and nobody thought he could do it, but he just turned to the Lord and found success in what he was asked to do.  So here's my chance to be like Nephi! It's very exciting.  It also strengthens my testimony about the worth of souls.  For if we should labor all our days here, and bring but one soul unto God, how great will be our joy in the kingdom of heaven! I know there's someone ready and waiting to hear the Gospel here and I'm so touched that I have this opportunity to find them! I hope you all know how much you are loved by the Lord.  Have a great week!
A Dios!
Hermana Albright



P.s Mom got a hand written letter from Heidi this week and she had a few things she wanted to add:

Heidi loves her new companion and her new area, although she was sad to leave behind all the investigators she was working with. she loves the new ward, it is all Spanish, and has all the regular meetings, primary, relief society ym and yw. And this week  one of the investigators they were working with came to the Spanish ward, and she was very happy to see him, and thought that it was a tender mercy from the Lord.  They have 3 potential investigators they are working with.  AND on the hair note, she and her companion went wig shopping for the companion's sister's birthday, and Heidi had much fun trying on wigs.  She said that she learned never to dye her hair black as it does not look good on her. Her companion did buy a wig for her sister, which is what I think Heidi had on. What a relief to me!  They got a couch from the AP's and had some air mattress's and were supposed to get more stuff on Friday for their apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment