Friday, June 7, 2013

Hello!!! Life has been pretty great these last couple of days. It's weird, I already feel like I've been here forever! The Spirit is always so strong here, it's amazing! But you know how everyone says that you have so much TIME to study for everything??? Well they lied.  We're constantly in classes and lectures that are super beneficial and awesome, but we never feel like we have enough time to study for teaching our lessons! Hopefully it'll get better. More on that later.
So the first day was definitely all sorts of craziness! I saw Sister Gabby Cruz, Sister Carly Porter, Sister Chrisiana Davis (a girl from my el ed major classes), Elder Alec Johnson, and a ton of people from my freshman ward! Whoo!!! Two of them are going to Las Vegas West mission, so keep a look out in a couple of months for some great sisters from BYU! We had some awesome lessons/firesides, where we learned that you have to totally focus on the Spirit and the investigators in your lessons.  My companion is Sister Camille Stanley, one of the girls that I already met and LOVE!!!! Ah don't you love the blessings of the Lord? She's great!
Yesterday we went to our normal study class (we have the same classroom for pretty much everything all day long) and our teacher informed us that we would be teaching our first investigator in Spanish that night!!! AH!!!! So Hermana Stanley and I had three hours to prepare a lesson and translate it into Spanish, because we were the last companions to meet with the investigator. And we had no teacher at this time, besides the Holy Ghost.  As we were sitting outside waiting for our turn, one of the sisters from the older district in our zone challenged us to do the lessons completely by the Spirit...meaning no notes, no dictionaries, nada! Just our scriptures and our Preach my Gospels.  So we did! And it was crazy! We definitely were led by the Spirit to go in a completely different direction than the one we had planned, which would have been great if we had known the vocabulary for it! Haha but it went okay I think, and he agreed to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon! Hooray! We've yet to find out if we're teaching him again tonight or not, so I'll let you know how that goes!
The Spanish is coming fast, mostly because it's necessary haha. We said our first prayers in Spanish yesterday (my first one was DURING the lesson with the investigator--woah!) and we have been working hard to get all the vocab we need. Conjugations are kinda on the backburner for now though haha. Also, it's getting harder to talk in English! The few words that I do know in Spanish just come out! So that's cool.  OH! And one of the girls in our district had a Spanish dream last night.  It was really funny because she was talking in Spanish in her sleep, and refused to believe it in the morning, but we all heard her! It's awesome though because she's the one that has been stressing out about the language the most, so we know that she can do it now!
We met our Branch President last night and his councilors and they are all AMAZING!!! He is one super inspired man.  Apparently, he quotes your patriarchal blessings to you in interviews--that's how deep into your soul he can see. It's so crazy! I definitely have come to know the miracles that the Spirit can bring already!  
Funny story about the Branch President: when I shook hands with him he said: Wow! You are so short! I didn't notice before...probably because of your dynamite personality." hahaha I keep forgetting how short I am sometimes, it just seems so normal to me now!
Well anyways, I hope you all are having a great week! Thanks mom and dad for the letter! It was great to hear from you! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your constant, amazing examples to me! And I'm also grateful for all that you have taught me, it's definitely super useful here! I love you and I miss you so much!
I'll send a picture of the girls in my district/my roommates. They're all so great and super spiritual.
A Dios,
Hermana Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment