Monday, May 27, 2013

Mission Calls for Everyone!

Hello! So today I'm going to tell you a story about my mission call. It's great!
I've always wanted to go on a mission ever since I was little.  I have actually been praying about whether or not it would be the right decision for me since age sixteen, with the answer to BE PATIENT and I will know when the time comes what to do.  Well, to quote a good friend of mine, Inigo Montoya, "I hate waiting." So I kept praying with no news.  Last year, I started making back up plans.  I started researching service trips, things like going to Romania to help orphans there.  But then came the much eventful General Conference.  As President Monson made the announcement about the age change, I felt like God was saying to me, "Ok. You can go now." WHOOHOO!!! I cried, I jumped up and down with another girl in my apartment hall, and I called my mom.  And then came the paperwork. Ew.
Luckily, my mom was super helpful and took care of so much for me! I am so blessed to have her to help me. :)  And then....more waiting!
But finally my call came, and I found out that I would be serving the wonderful people of Argentina! When I saw this, my first thought was "DUH! Why on earth did I even think that I was going anywhere else?" I know that I am going exactly where I am supposed to be, and I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of this great work force for the Lord.  And as I have prepared for my mission, I have grown so much closer to my Heavenly Father.  I know that He knows each of us by name and that He will always be there for us. I'm grateful to be a member of this amazing church and am so excited to help bring it to more people.

As you can tell, I'm SUPER excited!


I have been blessed to have amazing friends and family that support me in this decision. Thank you all, I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment