Friday, June 21, 2013

Hello hello!
All right, I´ll start off answering questions so I make sure that I hit them all. 
First off, Sundays! Sundays are amazing.  We have personal study for an hour, then the sisters get to all go to Music and the Spoken Word, which is awesome! Then we have combined relief society, with super amazing speakers every week.  Then we have lunch and some leadership meetings and then at two our zone has sacrament meeting together.  Everyone prepares a talk in Spanish about a certain topic, and the speakers are announced right then and there! Kinda scary the first week, but it´s good.  Then more leadership meetings, temple walk, and dinner, followed by choir practice! I love being in the choir. Then we have a devotional by yet another great speaker, and then after that you can either go back to your classroom and study or watch a nice Sunday film.  We like to watch the Sunday films.  Haha enjoy them while we can! Somewhere in there is a district testimony meeting too. The speakers are so amazing though and they always say exactly what I personally need to hear.  This past Sunday was a little different because we got a new Branch President, President Lindahl.  I LOVED President Peer so I was sad at first, but now that I´ve met President Lindahl it´s all good because he is just as inpired as President Peer, and is exactly what the new missionaries in our zone need.  He´s so great.  Well anyways, what with that and Father´s Day and a super strong Spirit coming through all the talks and everything, I was pretty much crying the entire day haha. Hopefully that won´t happen every Sunday
This coming Sunday is also different than normal! (as if I know what normal is yet haha) Because we're having the world wide missionary broadcast! Whoohoo! So we get to go the Marriot Center, and because I'm in the choir I get to sing in a choir of two thousand five hundred missionaries and members for the First Presidency and Twelve Apostles! I'm so stoked! So if you can, try to find out where and when it's being broadcasted in your area, and go watch it! It's going to be amazing! I'm so excited to hear the Apostles of God live! And they're going to be here all week so I might 'accidentally' bump into one of them sometime.  But ya, go watch it! And wave to me!
So as an online coordinator, I am in charge of making sure everyone knows the rules of the computers.  I also get to help the new district out with the computers and make sure they understand all the different programs that we use. And I help out anyone whenever their account or computer isn't working.  It's so great to have an extra opportunity to serve others.  But I also love it because then I get to go to the new district meetings and hear all their testimonies and get to know them all. It's great! I love it!  For my first week with it, my companion and I did have to go on exchanges for it, so I went with the Sister Training Leader and my companion went with the Sister Training Leader's companion.  But now my companion is the new Sister Training Leader, so it works out perfectly! 
When we came in, we were the largest group ever.  There were over 900 new missionaries on June 5th! So much fun! But they expect that in the middle of July our record will be beat out, so we'll have to see! It's so exciting how many people are giving their all to the Lord.
So on a typical day, we teach one of our "progressing investigators" aka one of our teachers.  That's super stressful but definitely needed.  We have either one or two class "periods" that last for three hours.  We have gym time...going outside is THE BEST! We can take our shoes off for beach volleyball or run around or stretch in the grass, it's awesome.  Tuesday's we have a service assingment, which for our zone is cleaning bathrooms.  That sounds terrible but it's actually quite hilarious if we get there in time to do the showers.  Because you get suited up (I'll send a pic next week we're so goofy looking) and then get to spray the showers down. It's like a water fight and soap war with the walls hahaha and they definitely fight back! We usually get pretty wet. I love it it's so fun.  Tuesdays we also have another devotional, which is also just as amazing as the Sunday ones.  And the choir gets to sings for those every time.  On Thursdays we have TRC, where we teach Spanish speaking members.  They're so nice and uplifting I love it! I met one brother who served in the Las Vegas Centennial Hills ward, and knew Brother Edwards! Holla! So shout out to Brother Edwards, he said to say hello! But I only know that his first name is Spencer...sorry. Then Fridays are P-days woot woot!
I have seen Scott!! I hang out with him in the laundry room every Friday.  It's kind of my favorite part of P-days haha. It's so great to see him! I just got a pic with him, so I'll send that next week as well.
The food is good.  It's exactly the same as the Cannon Center at BYU.  Sometimes the processed foods get a little old and then you have cereal or a wrap and it's all good again!
The affirmations came from Grandpa, when he served as a mission president in Florida.  He said he had his missionaries read them every day and now I know why!
Haven't heard anything about my visas yet sorry.  But pretty much all of the older district that was going to Peru just got reassigned to the states.  We'll see what happens there!
One thing that I've especially learned here is the power of prayer.  Holy cow is it a powerful thing! I know that every time we prayer, Heavenly Father is listening to what we are saying and how we feel, and I know that He will always answer our prayers.  I've grown so much closer to my Father in Heaven as I have poured my heart out to Him continually.  Every time I need extra help or to feel His love a little more, He guides the people in my life to say exactly what I need to hear and I know that He will do the same for all of you as well. What a tender mercy prayer is. Through it, we can talk to and receive help from the most powerful being in the universe, and we have the privilege to call Him Father. I hope you all know how important you are to Him and how much He wants to hear from you and bless you. Because He does. He loves you, His child, and wants the best for you.
I hope you all have a great week!
A Dios,
Hermana Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment