Monday, December 1, 2014

Heidi's last letter from Argentina!


November 24, 2014

On leaving mission and coming home:  doing good. I am super sad to leave but i am so excited to come home to all you! I think the best part is coming home in christmas time so i am super pumped to help spread glad tidings of good news of the gift of Christ and His love!
Super awesome week this week! We had a tsunami in our week so have a ton of new investigators out the wazoo whoohoo! So Hermana Oliveira has a lot of work to do! There were so many miracles that we saw from this tsunami. The Elders that came were so amazing and were able to enter and serve in many houses that rejected missionaries before. Ah love it! Hearts will be melted.
We have still being helping out in family history I love it! And we have been working with a recent convert family the mom is Paulina, her 18 yr old son is Juan and her 10 yr old son is Leo. They are so awesome I love them so much. Everyone is getting ready to go to the temple in the ward and Paulina wasn’t able to get work off and Juan didn’t want to go by himself since Leo cant go either. So we have been praying that his heart might be softened and he could go to the temple as well and feel of the Spirit there. So we have been helping Paulina with family history, and we printed off the sheet to bring to the temple so that Juan could be baptized for his grandfather who passed away three years ago. This week was Juans birthday. She put that sheet, along with the ticket to go to Buenos Aires (the nearest temple) and wrapped it up! Then on Sunday, they went to visit their first missionary that taught them and he gave the present to Juan and Juan is excited to go to the temple now and do the work for his grandpa! SO GREAT! I love the temple so much and I love that families can be together forever and that God has provided the way for us to do so!
Also this week we went on intercambios with the sister leaders and it was one of the best days this transfer! I was with Hermana Calderwood, from Wisconsin, but her mom is from Argentina! So she helped me with my accent whoohoo and then we went to work! We had so many great lessons, a noche de hogar with some of my favorite families that are reactivating and preparing to go to the temple and we had two lessons with members! One was Mariana, the investigator who cried when we prayed, and set a date for her to be baptized during Christmas time! The other was the son of an investigator, who has been playing futbol  at the church. We watched Thanks to Him, and he also accepted to be baptized!
I love this work. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to serve Him and grow closer to Him. I hope you all can watch He is the Gift on Thursday, Christmas.mormon.org  It is seriously so amazing! I love you all and am so excited to come and feel of His love with you as well.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.
Thanks to God.
Hermana Albright
Mark 5:19
19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment