Tuesday, July 1, 2014


Heidi and her companions feeling the World Cup Fever!
 
 
June 30, 2014

ISAIH IS THE BEST!

Hello hello hello!

A really funny moment happened in church on Sunday! I normally lead the songs, but the last one was super unfamiliar to me. So I leaned back to quietly ask the Elder behind me if he knew this song, and if so if he could lead it. He readily agreed and when the time went, up he went to the front to lead the song. (side note, he´s a greenie). So the music starts, and he begins to lead...but he´s not singing at all! And NONE of the congregation knows the song. Seriously, no one. It was a struggle to say the least and everyone was fighting of failing to not laugh. There was definitely more laughter than singing. Hahaha and then at the end, all the members came up to me saying Poor Elder Clifford! Why would you do that to him? And later, a member sent us a text of the Isaiah scripture saying that he was like a lamb sent to the slaughter, and he opened not his mouth...    Hahaha whoops. I still claim that none of it was my fault though ;)

This week has been crazy, like always. We had an awesome miracle though, because we brought an investigator, Pamela, to the church to give her a tour. It was so awesome! The Spirit was so strong! She is the one that I talked about last week. We talked a lot about the symbolism of the Atonement in the Sacrament, and it was so great for all of us to take a momnet to really remember what Christ has done for us. A really cool moment for me in the lesson happened near the middle. WE started talking about the Gospel of Christ pamphlet that we had left with her, and I felt like I should open to a scripture in Isaiah 41:10 . I waited about twenty minutes more before knowing why. She started sharing about how she realizes that baptism is necessary and she loves how she has been feeling lately, but she is scared.  Without saying anything, I gave her the scripture to read. ¨Fear not...¨was all she could get out before the tears started flowing. It took a good while for her to be able to read the scripture all the way through. It was so powerful. it´s so incredible to see her growing closer to her Savior everytime we pass by. I love seeing the change in people as they accept the gospel.

I hope you all have an amazing week and can find the time to think a little more about the sacrifice Christ paid for you. Personally.  He loves you and will help you accomplish all things. As you do so, you will be strengthened in your efforts to share the gospel as well! Want some more tips on sharing the gospel? Look up Be a Missionary ALl your life by Elder Quentin L. Cook! Or Preach My Gospel! It´s amazing! Good luck! I would love to hear about the missionary moments you have this week! Vaya con Dios!

Hermana Albright


June 23, 2014

Hello hello hello!

Hope you are all enjoying your time watching the world cup! Woot woot! Luckily Argentina and USA arent playing against each other yet so i can still cheer on the both of them! (dont worry i dont actually watch the games. We go home to study when the game is on and know when it is over by all the cheering and honking horns. After a bit, we go out to work again!)

This week has been super fun adjusting to a trio again. We are all progressing personally and together so much! I am loving it! My new companion, along with Hermana Allen, is Hermana Guerrero. She is from Lima, Peru, has 7 months in the mission, and is AMAZING! I love her already. We are getting along great and using every opportunity that we have to divide and conquer! That leads to lots of adventures! We separated one day and I had to go out on my own with the member! We taught a new less active and his girlfriend and daughter. It was so hard to teach by myself I kept speaking in the WE form! I felt like the queen or something speaking in the royal we hahahaha. But they accepted the invitation to be baptised whoohoo!! We got a little lost finding our way back to my comps but were able to find a little kiosk to buy a treat tto celebrate with! One day I´ll know this crazy area. it is super cool though we have been able to get so much done in so little time as we divide up. Luckily we have great members who are willing to come out and work with us yay!

We had a branch activity, where Erica and her daughter Camila danced different culture dances! It was so much fun! (Erica is the less active that we have been teaching, that is getting married with Eduardo, our investigator who is preparing to be baptized). At the activity, Erica announced their wedding date! She was so excited! It has definitely been craziness up in here!

This week I´ve been getting into the war chapters of the book of mormon. Ya buddy! As I read them this week, it really made me realize the importance of defending our religious rights. We should also have the courage to stand for what is right! Also, when Captain Moroni made the Title of Liberty, he put it in every home for all to remember! What can be your Title of Liberty in your home to help you remember to Defend the truth?

Love you lots and hope you all have a great week defending the truth!

Hermana Albright

hahaha oh yaaa!!! Trios are so great!  My new companion is great! I love her shes from peru and we are teaching her english. We  found her a mattress but she doesnt have a real bed yet just the mattress on the floor :(  i´m back!!! my new comp is hna guerrero. and yes the people let us in, but we love grabbing a member and dividing so we can do more things , also...i may or may not have an expired visa. Haha so my dear family no more jokes about the mexicans in the states because thats me now! ;)

no, its always clapping in argentina- sometimes people have a doorbell, but its so uncommon i feel weird or rude using it haha learning how to make noodles by hand!

this is one of the other missionaries in our branch. We look a lot a like and the poor members get us so confused all the time!


June 16, 2014

Hello hello helloo!!!

Hope you all had a great fathers day!!! It was fathers day here as well, first time the holidays coincide! Woot woot! Did you all do anything fun?

Transfer newsssss!!!!! Hermana Allen and I are staying in Centenario! And we are getting a third companion from Peru, Hermana Guerrero (Warrior). So thats exciting!

Lots of drama all throughout this week it has been craziness!!!!! One thing in particular is Eduardo and Erica. Eduardo is an investigator that we have been teaching and he has been progressing a lot recently! He is living with Erica, a menos activo. And this weekend, they said that they are getting married! So stay tuned, this transfer comes with a wedding and a baptism! Sometimes I feel like such a young little girl with huge adult problems and i´m like AHHHHHH But then I remember the Lord and I know that with His help we can do all things! Haha something funny that happened though was we were talking to a different less active, this cute little old lady that is always smiling! We were talking to her about her husband and she was describing him so lovingly but he is so not there anymore, so i asked her if she had gone to the temple to be sealed with him yet and she said no. And i said Well Hermana heres your goal! You should start praying and working towards going to the temple to be sealed to him as soon as you can! And with a huge smile she said: But I dont know if hes living or dead!   We were all like....uhhh what? And then she said he had moved to chile but maybe he had died and she could go be sealed with him. We were like Ah! Hahaha yikes.

This week we have been talking about finding the more excellent way (1 Cor 12:31 and Ether 12:11). We have all chosen between good and bad already. But that doesnt mean that all of our decisions are done. Now we have the opportunity to chose everyday between good and best. This week, choose the best of the paths! Why have a good life when you could have an excellent one? Turn to the Lord and ask for His help in identifying and having the strength to choose the more excellent way. Let me know how it goes!

 Hope you have a great week!

Hermana Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment